Thursday, February 19, 2009

Silver Linings: My Pollyanna Post


Life has been crazy lately. Stressful even. I have really tried to look at the positive in situations and thought I would share a few:


Situation: Beckham, my sweet-sweet little boy, decided to use a pen and draw on my favorite couch...that just so happens to be white.



Silver lining: Beckham is one of the loves of my life. He brings so much excitement and laughter to my life. He is sweet and healthy. And, quite frankly, he could have used a Sharpie marker, right???
(By the way...The picture above is after I had cleaned off 1/2 of the mess. Did you know that hand sanitizer takes pen marks off of microfiber???)


Situation: I was in a car accident last week. It was my fault. I thought it was a 4-way stop. Ouch.


Silver Lining: My kids weren't with me. The person I hit was seriously a saint and I only hit her tire (she was driving an F-350...for those of you like me: that is a REALLY BIG truck). If I would have hit her a second before or a second after I did, there would have been major damage to her truck. There were no injuries.


Situation: Chloe's birthday party. I ordered all of the Fancy Nancy party stuff (i.e. plates, napkins, cups, pinata, goodie bags, decorations, etc.) from an online store. The store guaranteed that the stuff would be here in plenty of time for the party. The night before the party, I received an email from the company telling me that they had just mailed it out that evening. The store is in North Carolina. No chance of the items arriving in time for the party. My sweet husband went with me to 4 stores the night before the party in attempts to create a Fancy Nancy party with no Nancy.

Silver Lining: Come to find out, Chloe didn't seem to mind that Nancy didn't make an appearance. She and her friends didn't miss the Fancy Nancy plates, napkins and cups. And as I am typing this, I realize I didn't miss them either.


Situation: Losing to Chloe 14 times today.


Silver Lining: I got to play the Disney Princess Memory game with my sweet Chloe Boe 14 times.

I know that everything has a positive, it's just that sometimes I get so distracted that I don't even bother to see the good.

So here's to seeing the good in everything. Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Cassondra said...

Good attitude. You are seriously so awesome! I wish I had opportunity to hang out with you more!

I looked at my blog permissions and it looks like I need your email again to send you an invite. You can email it to me at jakeandcassondra@hotmail.com. And do you mind including your phone number? I'd love to watch that oprah episode you were telling me about...

Here's to a less stressful month for you!! :)

Kara said...

That's a great "Pollyanna" post! There's always something to be grateful for.

I found your blog through Jordan's. -Look forward to seeing you at the Ragnar race in a week!

Ashley said...

You're so cute! I think the party turned out wonderful. And you definitely hard for it. Chloe seemed very happy too.

We never talked about your car accident. So sorry!! That is so scary.

Effros Family said...

We had a great time at your party too! You are the bravest person I know having all those kids in running around your home. I think Jon put it best when he said, "We're just gonna light the house on fire after this."

I can't believe your car! I don't know if I would have found the silver lining to that! Glad you are ok!

Rob and Mercedi said...

You have such a great attitude! I need to take a lesson from you! That picture of you and chloe is darling! You are darling!

Jax said...

I think you're a Saint, Jamie. Doesn't it usually take a considerable amount of time before someone can look back on bad situations and see the bad. That is unless you're you. You see the good right while you're enduring the bad. That's why you continue to inspire me... always.