Sunday, June 28, 2009

Alice in Wonderland...


Last weekend Miss Chloe had her first dance recital. I was proud. Cried even. I can't believe that I have a daughter who is old enough to have a recital. I know...she's only 3. She's not getting married or anything, but she is getting older.
You see...I was a bunny too when I was 3...

...and now I am a mom of another 3-year old bunny. One day, Chloe will look at these photographs of herself as a bunny and wonder how time has gone by so quickly.

The theme for the recital was Alice in Wonderland and she and the little girls in her class were the white rabbits. Chloe was awesome. Seriously. I know I am biased, but I honestly didn't know how she would react. Her teacher warned us that every year there are criers and even wetters (meaning: urinating while on stage). She was a candidate for both. Thank goodness that when the lights came on and the curtains came up, she shined. She was totally in her element. When everyone came out for the finale, she freaked out. She looked really panicked and ran off of the stage crying. I was confused. She made it through the performance perfectly. Why cry now?
When I picked her up she said that she thought that they were going to dance again and she waited and waited for the music, but it never came on. She got scared because she didn't want to mess up. Okay...a little stressed aren't we???
Here are some of my favorites from the day...




Dad and Mom with our cute bunny
(I have no idea where her expression came from...She already thinks that she is a diva!)

Noah, Maxwell and Zion

Melissa and Maxwell

Uncle Kyle (Amber was in a wedding this day)


Oma and Opa Poort

Uncle Demetras and Aunt Tina and Aunt Tee

Nana Brown, Aunt Elizabeth, Grandpa Brown and Aunt Naomi

(***Aunt Meghan and Cousin Grace came too but weren't able to stay for pictures...)

Thank you to all of our family and friends who came to support our tiny dancer!


6 comments:

Rob and Mercedi said...

OH MY! I don't think I've ever seen such little dancer! Those pictures are precious. I can tell she's going to be a star!

Rob and Mercedi said...

TYPO: "such a DARLING little dancer!"

Unknown said...

Seriously the cutest little bunny ever....

the heiner family said...

Wow! Chloe look so much like you! How fun to have so much family and friends there!!!

suzy said...

Jamie! Those pics of you and chloe are so CUTE!!! I haven't seen you in forever...and was trying to run out the door when you were running in that last day at dance. Any houses in our neighborhood? :)

Heather said...

Jamie!! She is just adorable!!! I wish my kid would dance!!! Haa haa! :) He just has attitude. :)