Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Family Reunion

Last weekend we went to Utah for a family reunion on my mom's side of the family. It was such a fun, relaxing weekend. There is something special about reuniting with family. I loved sitting and talking with cousins, grandparents and other relatives about fun memories while making new ones. No phones, no computers, no outside stuff. Just family. It felt good.
We started out with a horse and carriage ride through the streets of Fillmore. The snow cone and cotton candy machines were fired up next and everyone made multiple visits throughout the day. We ate lunch, had a family auction, played games...and then finished out the day with a campfire complete with hot dogs, s'mores and homemade ice cream.
It was simple and it was sweet.
I love my family.


My cute, talented husband worked with a guy at work to design our family shirts. Every family was assigned a color to wear so that we could see how everyone is related. Jon took it to the next level.The shirts were amazing! The front is a picture of each of us as cartoon characters in super hero outfits and the back read "The Super Brown Family."
I think we are.




Every year we have a family auction. The money made from it goes to fund the reunion the next year. Everyone brings items to auction off...let's be honest...it's mostly stuff that people are wanting to get rid of so they figure they will bring it to sell to their family...one person's trash is another person's treasure, right??? My grandma was going to put this Christmas train in the auction, but as soon as Beckham saw it, he took it off of the auction block and onto the floor. He and my niece, Sadie, spent the afternoon totally entertained. See...they found their treasure!



Fishing with Nana



Jon working his volleyball skills. He was sore the next day. I think that his glory days are over. (tear)







Uncle Weston reading Beckham a bedtime story


Mr. Poort is asleep even before we leave Grandma and Grandpa's house

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

You guys are such a cute family! That is funny that your hubby was sore after playing volleyball.

Looks like fun times. I love family reunions too, but I seem to be the only one in my family. lol

Great shirts, by the way. Super hero cool.