Friday, June 18, 2010

The Twos Are Over

Mr. Poort turned 3 yesterday.
When he woke up, I grabbed him and hugged him and said, "Happy Birthday, Beck!"
He said, "Mom, is it really my birthday today?"
(he has been anticipating it for the past couple of months and wanted to ensure that this time it was really the day...)
I told him that it was.
His eyes lit up and he said,
"The twos are over!"
He is so excited to be 3...

My favorites about him right now...
He L.O.V.E.S superheros...ANY and ALL of them. He even likes to wear his underwear backwards because all of the characters are on the "bum" of the underwear and he can't see them back there!

Whenever he asks a question, it is ALWAYS followed by "right?" i.e. "We are going to the store, right?" or "It is time for lunch, right?"

He loves to race up the stairs. He used to thrive on winning at the top of the stairs but now he prefers holding hands with his opponent so that they both win.

He is a really nice sharer (most of the time). If he has something that Chloe wants, he usually gives it to her, even if he really wants it.
He gives the best hugs...seriously. He has to have a running start to hug someone. He will back up and run, full-force, into your arms and squeeze.
He is probably the funniest person I know. And what is funniest, is that he knows that he is being funny. I imagine that is what Jon was like at Beckham's age. He loves to make people laugh and smile.

When people ask him how old he is, he holds up 3 fingers and tells them in one breath, "I am 3 and now I can go to preschool and Fun Friday just like Chloe!"

Anytime he is hungry or thirsty, he will approach me and act like he is on the brink of death and as soon as he eats or drinks something, he turns into Popeye and his muscles miraculously enlarge and he is "as strong as Daddy."

He is THE CUTEST little guy that I know and I love him to pieces!







1 comment:

McKeehan Family said...

Happy Birthday Beckham!! How fun to be 3!