Friday, December 31, 2010

The Night Before Christmas

When we arrived home from our train ride, we showered, washed jammies and cooked.
My family met at our house for our traditional chili dinner and gifts.
After we ate, we gathered around my brother, Jason, as he read the biblical account of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We read this every year on Christmas Eve. It breaks up the scriptures with hymns.

After we finished the "We Three Kings" song, we went to the front room for gifts. We finished up the night by making Oreo truffles for Santa (I heard this is his new favorite).
It was simple and fun.

After we cleaned up, everyone but me, Jon and Ava went to my parent's home.
Jon and I stayed up until 3:30 assembling stuff. I already had everything wrapped weeks before Christmas, but didn't assemble anything until that night.
We loaded everything into the car and traveled to my parent's house and went to bed at 4 a.m.
Why do I do this to myself every year???
Mark my word, next year will be different.
(probably not).




2 comments:

Melissa D. said...

How fun! I love reading about family traditions for Christmas. Is Ava walking already?!

Sara. said...

Nariz if you are family, but these babies and these girls are precious feel like you eat them! Haha a greeting! Come by my blog! Sara.