Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mr. Poort

From the time that I knew I was having a boy, I have always called Beckham, Mr. Poort. The 3D ultrasounds showed a very "old man"-looking baby and I thought that the name suited him. When he was born, we might as well have given him a top hat and a cane. Such a little man.

Before we left for Disneyland, Jon took Beckham to get his first haircut! He had the cutest head of curls, but the curls were slowly turning into frizz. I think Jon was hoping that we could hold off on a haircut until he entered kindergarten...I vetoed that idea.

His cute baby curls

Jon made it a father-son event. He took him to a salon that specializes in kid cuts. Beckham started out having a really good time playing with the trains and sitting in a car "chair". As soon as the hair stylist turned the clippers on, however, he freaked out! He is not a fan of loud sounds. (He even leaves the bathroom when I blow dry my hair because the sound is too loud). Jon had to hold him down the entire time.

He's been traumatized...but, he looks SO CUTE! I love his big boy cut. He looks so different to me. I don't think he recognized himself the first couple of times he passed by the mirror. He kept walking by the mirror in our room and would stop and giggle...walk away...come back...giggle. It was so cute. The salon gave us a little bag with a few salvaged curls to remember his baby hair.

He may look a little bit older, but he is still my little Mr. Poort.

6 comments:

WD said...

Mr Poort is soooo cute! What a little stud!

Becca said...

I love his haircut. It's so cute.

Amy said...

Mr. Poort looks like a big boy now!!!

McKeehan Family said...

He looks like such a big boy!! It's adorable though!

Effros Family said...

So cute...the "traumatized" picture is my favorite :)

Cassondra said...

He is such a cute boy!! How good of Jon to document the haircut for you! Priceless memories, huh?