Wednesday, November 5, 2008

They Are So Good To Me...

I love my family. My sweet brother, Weston, just returned home last week from serving a mission for our church and we are SO excited that he is home safe. We had such a fun weekend being together and listening to the things Weston experienced over the past 2 years.

He served in Australia and spoke Mandarin Chinese.

Chinese.

Yeah...we weren't expecting that one when he opened his call. We've been watching "Ni Hao, Kai lan" (the Chinese version of Dora the Explorer) to prepare for Weston's arrival. Over the past year of watching it, I know 3 words. Hmmm. Not very impressive. What is impressive is that Weston knows the language amazingly well. It is crazy to look at him as he speaks the language. Looking at him I see my little brother but then he opens his mouth and he morphs into a Chinese person stuck in my little brother's body.

Crazy. I feel bad for him because the language is so crazy that he has somehow become our little trained monkey. If we see anyone, we nudge Weston and convince him to say something in Chinese. Poor guy. Maybe it will wear off. Maybe not.

I love my family.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I love your family picture. It's so cute.

Goodwin Family said...

Aw, I love the Brown family too! The new family picture is great! So glad Weston made it home safely!

Ashley said...

I didn't even realize Weston was home. That is so great. I love the new family pictures too. Beautiful!!

Marleen said...

How exciting to have him home. I love the family picture. And, Beckham totally looks cute with his new hairdo.

The Cattelain Family said...

Cute family picture!