Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Gift

I hate (okay, dislike very strongly) pushing people on swings. I don't know why, but I do. Chloe's favorite thing to do in the entire world, other than dressing up, is to swing. She could stay on a swing for hours...that is, if there were someone who would be willing to push her for that long. 

Last night we went to my parent's home for Mother's Day. As with every trip to my parent's house came Chloe's request(s) for me to push her on the swing. I usually find excuse after excuse, but yesterday I didn't mind. I began pushing her and after a few pushes, she told me to stop pushing her. I was surprised that she had grown tired of her favorite activity so quickly.

To my amazement (and hers!), she began pumping herself on the swing! Back and forth...back and forth. I ran into the house to grab my camera and when I returned...back and forth. She was still going! She just giggled and smiled. She just kept telling me how big she was. Maybe a small feat to some, but to Chloe and me, it was big.

It was a great Mother's Day gift.



4 comments:

Amy said...

I am with you - pushing kids on swings is one of my least favorite activities! Hooray for Chloe that she learned how to do it herself.

Anderson's said...

I am totally with you. Andi loves the swings and so we never go to the Vistas park because they have swings, but the paseos park does not. So we go there, am I a mean mom?

suzanne said...

jamie, i love your pictures... they are all.so.beautiful!

and, i feel the same way about martina. :)

Tara said...

Yeah!!! That is so exciting for you both! She is getting so big. What a pretty girl. By the way..your Martina McBride story had me crying. It is hilarious.