Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Class Is In Session

Chloe's best friend is my little 5-year old sister, Naomi. They are only 21 months apart and up until this fall, they did practically everything together. A built in sister for each of them.
When August came, so did kindergarten for Naomi. Chloe was sad. Naomi was sad. I was sad...Chloe is just now getting over the fact that all of her friends that were in her nursery class at church last year moved up to Primary and she didn't (because she missed the deadline by 2 months), and now she was faced with not being old enough to go to kindergarten with Naomi. I knew that I needed to find something for her.
It wasn't until my neighbor and friend, Marleen, sent me an email telling me about her sister's preschool that I knew this could be what we were looking for. Her teacher used to work for the school district as an elementary school teacher and had decided to start a preschool. It has been AMAZING so far! This month, Chloe has learned all about the rain forest. She will randomly tell me tidbits about the animals who live there and what the rainforest looks like. Class is 2 days a week and so I spend the other 5 days of the week explaining to her why she doesn't have school those days. I am glad that she loves it so much...


This is the outfit Chloe picked out for herself for the first day of school...am I intruding on her individuality by making her change into something else??? She's cute either way.