Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Father, The Hero

My Dad is amazing. Seriously. I mean, ask anyone who knows him or of him. They will back me up on this one.
When we were growing up, we used to call him MacGyver. He can fix anything and he can also make anything out of anything.
The man is a genius. Too bad for him. This has meant that he has spent his entire life fixing things that weren't even his...including for me.
At the beginning of this month, my car started making unfamiliar sounds. This is never good. He took a look at it and although he had never worked on this brand of car before, he pretty much knew what was wrong. He and Jon took the ENTIRE engine apart and over the course of a few days, proceeded to put the ENTIRE engine back together...with no manual. Nothing.
I love that Jon worked at his side during the process. I love that they get along and that Jon is learning so much from my Dad. Maybe one day Jon will be MacGyver and not MacGruber...
Maybe.




1 comment:

tbyrd said...

Hey,Jon is already considered to be Macgyver for the Poort family....pretty sad huh:)