Saturday, April 3, 2010

In My Next 30 Years

I turned 30 in March. I was actually looking forward to this birthday. I thought of it as a milestone. Jon, who turned 30 in December, wasn't very excited to turn 30. I don't know why (He has a hot wife and the cutest kids ever!)...
I have spent birthdays past with friends and family. I always over-think birthdays and have really high expectations as to how the day is going to unfold.
It never happens.
THEN...
I get mad. Depressed. Sad. (I know...I am lame)
SO...
to avoid all of these unbirthday-like feelings, I decided to leave Jon at home with the kids and I spent the day at the WPPI photography convention with my little old self.
I love my kids and husband, but it was so nice to just spend the day with myself doing what I love. There was nothing monumental that happened. It was simple and good.
I came home from the convention and went to dinner with Jon. No kids. I thought that I would miss them because I had been away from them all day long. I didn't. It was so nice to enjoy dinner with just the two of us.
After dinner, we drove to my sister's house and had bundt cake with my family.
It was perfect.
I spent the day getting a reboot.
A few days after my actual birthday, some of my girlfriends took me out for dessert.
Good family and good friends.
My greatest gifts.







1 comment:

Cassondra said...

I am the same way with birthdays!! I'm glad yours turned out wonderful! I am turning 30 in August so I have a plan, too. I hope it works. I, like you, am actually looking forward to being 30! Happy (very) belated birthday!