Saturday, April 3, 2010

Miss Chloe


Miss Chloe is finally 4! (Her words, not mine. If it were up to me, she would stay 3 forever...)
Her birthday has been anticipated by her since I told her I was going to have a baby for her next birthday. It was a fun way of counting down. As much as I wanted to have the new baby, I didn't really want my first baby to get another year older. It made the time being pregnant very bitter/sweet.
Chloe is now referred to as my live-in nanny. Oh my goodness. She has become VERY helpful. Sometimes too helpful. She changes diapers (almost by herself), makes her own bed and has now learned how to make her own sandwiches (unfortunately by force...at the moment I begin feeding Ava, coincidentally at that same moment, Chloe and Beckham decide that they are going to DIE of starvation...hmmm.)...
Chloe has become so helpful (and Ava is so tiny), that Chloe has (on 3 separate occasions), picked a crying Ava out of her crib and WALKED her all the way downstairs to hand her to me. Not kidding. I have really tried not to freak out, but oh my. See, a little too helpful.
Chloe is now old enough to be in Primary at church! We have been counting that day since her birthday last year. She knew that you had to be 3 to go to Primary and so every Sunday since last February she would wake up and say, "Today do I get to go to Primary?!!!" Every week we had to tell her no. Needless to say, she was SO EXCITED to finally be in the big kid class. She loves it. The second week of January, she attended her first Primary activity which was a pajama breakfast. The Bishop made pancakes for all of the kids and they played games. I have overheard her playing the "spotlight" activity with Beckham.
Chloe: Everyone stand up. This person is a boy...okay, all of the girls sit down. Okay. This person's favorite color is orange. This person likes to wrestle with his dad...etc.
She loves listening to the Children's songbook CDs and we can usually hear her performing these songs throughout the day.
She loves preschool. She has started to read and it is so exciting! We have been reading very simple books but every time she sounds out a word correctly, she will look up from the book with the brightest eyes and laugh. I love watching her learn.
Her birthday was simple and fun. We made cupcakes for her to take to her preschool and she spent the better part of the afternoon there. When I picked her up, I dropped the other kids off and we went to get her first pedicure...just the two of us. She was hilarious. She picked up one of the hair magazines and flipped through it while she had her nails painted. My cute Mom took her to Build-A-Bear the day before her birthday and then they went to lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen (lucky). She felt so special to have Nana all to herself for the day.
Here are a few pictures of her over the past few months...

First day of Primary

Ready for the Primary pj party

Making sandwiches



Homework time
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enough games, every time you guys stall or lie. I will put this in the hands of the credit card rolex replica sale and my solicitor for fraud. What is your head office address and rolex replica sale number, even in china. You have continuously played me with this I will also put up a web link forum telling everybody not to buy rolex replica watches from you as you lie! I received what I thought was going to be my rolex replica sale today, however I was disappointed to find out there was nothing in the tag heuer replica uk apart from foam packaging. I am highly annoyed that I have spent 90 on a rolex replica uk and waited three tag heuer replica sale to receive a box full of packaging. I hope you will do something about this and rectify the problem. Nearly didn't remember the actual dial. Here's an additional instance of the dial which dazzles having a short immediate associated with preliminary misunderstandings, though it ought to hublot replica legible as soon as the first is familiar with this.