Tuesday, July 6, 2010

World Cup 2010

I think Jon wants to make a canvas of this family picture

I admit it. I am a fair weather fan. I like sports, but it usually isn't until the big games (i.e. World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Finals...) that I really take a big interest.
It is World Cup season. It is down to 4 teams. I am excited.
Jon, however, has a hard time sleeping at night. Seriously. Not just because of his obsession with soccer (aka futbol), but his native homeland of Holland is in the semifinals.
We are so excited. Even the kids. The last time the World Cup was going on, Chloe was Ava's age. It has been so fun watching Jon with the kids now that they are a little bit older. He has been in a permanent good mood for the past month.
For Mother's Day, Jon surprised me (yes, surprised me) and got me...
a Dutch soccer shirt.
...oh, and he didn't forget to get himself a matching one!
We are ready to go for the game today.
Set your clocks.
11:30 a.m.
You know what we will be doing.
Hup Holland!

2 comments:

Amy said...

My sister-in-law is from Holland. They are going crazy at their house too! How nice that he got you a soccer shirt for Mother's Day - lol! Did he at least get you something to go with it?

Heather said...

I'm thinking more like a gold plated picture plaque..... :) What a cute family you have!