Thursday, August 21, 2008

Good Times...



We spent last weekend at Duck Creek for our family reunion on my mom's side of the family. It was fun seeing everyone and fun camping with our little family for the first time. We bought a queen size blowup mattress (that is roughing it for me!) and all 4 of us slept on it. We should have rented an RV. I don't know that any of us really slept. My mom and I put the reunion together and decided to do a "bug" theme. My uncle brought a truckload of sand and we buried coins and foam bugs in it. The kids had a fun time digging for all of the treasure! The kid's craft was to glue all of the bugs that they found in the sand onto popsicle stick picture frames. We also had a butterfly pinata and made dirt cups. We played some water relay games with the adults. My grandpa who is in his mid-70's even joined in! Good times...





Lately, Beckham LOVES anything that resembles a stick. He usually walks
around our house with our broom. This tool was no exception. He
kept trying to pick it up but it was obviously too heavy. It occupied
his time, though, for about 1/2 hour! Persistent...



ChloƩ having her turn at the pinata. Her aunt Elizabeth was anxious to help her
crack it open!



Beckham was OBSESSED with this pink princess chair. There were other kid chairs, but
he always seemed to gravitate towards this one...




Uncle Kyle took ChloƩ fishing for the first time. I love the expression on her face in this
picture. She really thought that she caught something...and she did...
a pile of muck from the bottom of the lake!




No comments: