Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mom...Let's Talk!


I spent a good portion of the day today trying to figure out this blogging thing. I really wanted to get the pictures up from our trip last week and I was determined to do it. To accomplish this, however, I let alot of things go...the housework, the kid's bath and my hair. Above all, however, I missed time with my kids. When I finished posting this afternoon, I turned around to find Chloe sitting on a pile of pillows from my bed along with a few of her dolls. I caught her attention and she said, "Mom, you want to ride on my boat?" I told her that I would love to and I pulled up a pillow next to her on the floor. She looked at me and said, "Mom, you all done wif da computer?" I told her I was. She got a big smile on her face and said, "Mom, let's talk!" I started to laugh and asked her what she wanted to talk about. "Ummm...let's talk 'bout Jesus and then twinkle twinkle star and then popcorn popping!" Does it get any cuter than that??? And to think, I almost missed our conversation about Jesus, twinkle twinkle star and popcorn popping. I am so glad that I didn't.

4 comments:

Meghan Poort said...

Way to go Jamie... I am very proud that you are doing it! This is extremely addicting!!

Rob and Mercedi said...

I am so glad to see your blog! Sounds like you've had a great summer. Your pictures are great, it looks like you have a professional photographer with you at all times. I need to get a lot better. You have such a cute family.

Tiffani said...

I love those comments! Aiden likes to say "Let's talk about Nephi" right before bed cause he knows I can't turn him down. So sweet!

Goodwin Family said...

Your family is too cute! I can totally relate to getting so absorbed in the computer and neglecting my daughter! Poor thing, I just give her a pile of toys that will hopefully keep her occupied! I'm excited your doing the blogging thing! I have heard of Signing Time and recommend them to a lot of the families I work with. They're great!