Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

Dad with all of his girls. We love you!


We had such a fun day yesterday! To Chloe's delight (she LOVES birthdays!), we had 2 birthday parties to attend. After church, we went to my parent's house to celebrate my Dad's birthday. It was actually on August 16, but because they were still on vacation, we celebrated it a little bit late. I made a devil's food cake with a new recipe that I received from an Enrichment Activity. My mom made a steak dinner and we just hung out. Elizabeth, Naomi and Chloe were so excited to see each other. They had been apart for over a week (gasp!)...I don't know how we ever survived when my family lived in Idaho, but we are all glad that they came back! Thank you, Dad, for everything that you do for me and my little family. You are such a man of service and we have been the recipients MANY times. The other day Chloe's little princess chair broke and her immediate response was, "Mom, we need to take this to Grandpa so he can fix it!" She didn't even bother to have her Daddy fix it. She knows better! We love you and hope you had a wonderful day!

Beckham sneeking a taste!


After my Dad's birthday party, we drove to Jon's brother's house to celebrate Grace's 2nd birthday! My sister-in-law, Meghan, made a very yummy cake and Chloe was in heaven with Grace's new toys! Chloe and Gracie are only about 6 months apart in age. When Gracie was first born, the age gap seemed big but now that they are toddlers, the gap has pretty much closed. They love playing together...most of the time! Unless, of course, they both want the same toy! Gracie is such a cute little girl. She loves monkeys (specifically Curious George), Dora and Thomas the Train and we love her very much! Have fun at Disneyland Miss Grace!

Grace is so cute and has the most infectious smile...

Grace hanging out on the boat with her daddy's glasses

4 comments:

Marleen said...

Jaime, I had no idea that you started up a blog again. I love the pictures. Are you taking them or is Megan? They look amazing. It will be fun to check up on your family. I'm glad that Jon pushed you to finally keep up with one. Oh, and happy birthday to your day. He seems like a great guy.

Marleen said...

I meant you dad. Sorry.

Jamie Poort said...

Marleen!!! I am glad that you visited the blog! I stalk yours on a regular basis! :) Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. After some photography classes and non-formal studying, I think I am starting to get the hang of it! But, Meghan is still taking pictures too. Her website is www.poortraitsphotography.com if you are interested! Talk to you soon!

Becca said...

Hey Jamie, your blog is so cute! I'm glad we'll get to see pictures of you guys now. I like the family pic. Tell Jon we said nice shorts! The kids are so cute.