Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My New Favorite Store

Last month my Mom and I decided to take a little road trip with the kids to St. George, Utah. We wanted to get out of the heat and go to the Tuacahn Theater to see Les Miserables (which, by the way, was INCREDIBLE!!!). We had also heard about a new store called Tai Pan (www.taipantrading.com) that has a few stores open in cities around Utah. We had heard so much hype about how great the store was and how wonderful the prices were, that we added it to our agenda. We hired my sweet cousins to come over to watch the kids so that we could really take in the store and all of its majesty.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! It was everything we expected it to be...and more! I could have stayed there for days and still not have felt like I had seen everything. It sounds silly, but I was exhausted after our 4 hour stint! The products are a mix between Cost Plus and Pottery Barn but the prices are more comparable to Ikea. They have beautiful frames and accessories and dishes and lighting and, and, and! I already have Beckham's toddler room all picked out and it is going to be fully accessorized by this store!


We are probably going to be moving and so I didn't want to get very many things because I can't really visualize where I would put it all, but I did purchase a wall rod. It is a decorative rod that holds pictures. I have been trying to figure out what to do with my family picture wall, and this rod, I think, is the answer! My mom came over and helped me put it up last night. I went through all of the pictures of the kids over the past 2 1/2 years and picked some of my favorites for my new wall. Here are a few of my favorites and why I picked them:

Her sweet expression


Her eyes

Her love for him

His cheeks

His eyes

His smile

Her adoration

Her dress (one of my favorites!)

His wrinkles
(he only weighed 5 lbs., 12 oz. at birth and his skin literally hung off of his bones!)



Road trip anyone???

7 comments:

Becca said...

Tai Pan is right by my house!!! You should stop by next time you go. I still haven't been there, but I have heard great things. I'll have to check it out.

Heather said...

You have become quite the blogger!!! :) I am so proud of you! Did you take all those pictures? They are gorgeous!

Anderson's said...

I LOVE the store Thai Pan. They have one in Sandy. I am so glad you commented on my blog because I kept meaning to ask you your blog address. I absolutely love your pictures. We need to get together soon!

Julie Poll said...

Hi Jamie! Your family is so cute. I love your blog. We are in Oregon. My hubby is in optometry school. We make it to Las Vegas a few times a year. It's good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

It really is a great store. I've been to the one in Sandy several times. If you love Christmas time, that store is the place to go for beautiful decorations. The pictures of your kids are great!

Ashley said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with all your blogging! I feel like such a slacker now. Well I guess we need to go do something so I have something to blog about. I wanted to put up pictures from our aquarium trip but they didn't turn out that well. I love all your pictures though!! So cute!!

Rachel B. said...

Jamie! Hello there darling! I randomly linked to your blog (and it wasn't even from Ashley's.) I'm so glad you're blogging so now I can stalk you. Did you take all these pictures? Wow. You really are good! Sometimes I just say that to people who are trying to do photography, but I really mean it with you! Your family is so cute and I'm excited to keep up with you better.

Rachel (Koch) Bjorkman