Sunday, September 7, 2008

Big Little Girl

Chloe has been potty-trained for the past couple of months. The training went so much better than I ever expected it to go. I really thought that it was going to be a nightmare. After 2 days, she was done. No accidents (actually, the only accidents that she has had have happened at my Mom's house...our theory is that she likes my little 4-year old sister's panties more than her own and so she waits to pee in her panties until she knows she can get a much cooler pair from her Aunt Naomi!). However, in the past week or so, every morning I have gone to get her out of her crib in the morning, she and all of her bedding has been wet. Gross?...yes. Annoying?...absolutely. I couldn't figure out what was going on with her. We were still cutting off her liquids early in the evening and taking her to the bathroom right before laying her down.

So, I decided that to end this ridiculousness, I would need to convert her baby crib to a big girl daybed. That way, she could get up and go to the bathroom if she needed to in the middle of the night. We went to the store and found new princess bedding...Chloe picked it out. She seems to be attracted to polka dots these days...which works out well because her nursery bedding was polka dots as well. I took the crib apart yesterday and made the conversion and then put on the new bedding.

When she walked into her room when it was completed, her expression was so cute. You would have thought she was on Extreme Home Makeover. She was so excited. She asked me to tuck her in and then asked me to leave so that she could take a nap...WHAT??? I had to practically drag Beckham out of the room. He was equally as excited (I think he likes polka dots too...).





It might sound silly, but when I peeked in on her while she was sleeping, she looked so much older in her big girl bed.
Goodnight my big little girl...

5 comments:

the duffsters said...

Jamie your kids are SOOO cute! Chloe's "princess" bed is adorable!

The Cattelain Family said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! They are so darn cute!

tammylovesscott said...

Of course those kids are so cute...they're my grandkids!!!
Cute bedding too.

Ashley said...

Those are great pictures! Chloe looks adorable in that bed. So has it worked? Does she really get up and use the bathroom? I can't believe she's already so old!!

Alysia said...

That is so cute. I have a thing for poka dots too, so I love her bedding. What a big girl!