Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Matching "Aprils"

My baking buddy

After taking a few extra looks at my "Sweet Sunday" post a couple of weeks ago, I decided that Chloe needed her own "april" (as she affectionately calls "apron"). I looked at various websites that sold aprons, but I couldn't really find any that I liked...and if I did like it, it didn't come in a Chloe size. So, I was feeling a little bit ambitious and decided I would attempt to make my own. I bought some fabric and made up a little pattern. Nothing fancy...no pockets, zippers, buttons. Just a little something to cover up Miss Chloe when she bakes. Just a replacement for her baking overalls. Just an apron. (And then I made one for me!!!)


Today after church, we made chocolate chip cookies. I am in LOVE with this recipe. Our home teacher brought them to us a while ago and I begged his wife for her recipe. They are the first chocolate chip cookies that I have made that don't come out of the oven flat. Here is the recipe:


My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by: Halee Mennear

1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
1 c. shortening (MUST be Crisco butter flavored)
1/2 c. butter
3 1/3 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
10 oz. bag chocolate chips

Mix in large bowl:
- sugar
- brown sugar
- eggs
- vanilla
- shortening
- butter

Add:
- flour
- baking soda
- salt

Mix thoroughly for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes.

Happy Sunday!!!

13 comments:

The Cattelain Family said...

I never knew you were such a seamstress! Cute "aprils!" I love Chloe's face at the end.

the heiner family said...

You are so crafty! And I am so trying that recipie!

Anderson's said...

Those are the dang cutest aprons. I am dying to learn how to sew!

Grace said...

That fabric is so cute, and you guys look adorable! You are such a cute mom!

Rob and Mercedi said...

The aprons are darling! I can't believe how big Chloe is. She's such a doll!

Ashley said...

So cute! I didn't know you were so multi-talented. You have been busy!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Too cute! I love them! How fun is your new camera? Are you just lovoing it? It looks like it is amazing! So what are you going to do with your old camera? I thought that one was a nice one?!

Marleen said...

Very Cute. Love the fabric. This project as been on my list of things to do for some time now. Poor Nora. Chloe is so very cute in her new "april".

McEwen Family said...

It was good to see you at Jesse's birthday! I finally got to finding your blog, your family is so cute!
I love the aprons you made, you are so crafty! I'll be sure to check in on you now that I know where to find you! Take care.

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric you made your aprons out of. Very cute. By the way, we are planning on doing our Halloween party again this year. We were wondering if you know when your ward Halloween party is going to be so we don't plan ours on the same night. We're thinking of doing ours on the 25th. Thanks!

Amy said...

Jamie it was so nice to see your family on your blog. I didn't know that Chloe was so old already! In head she was much younger because I haven't ever actually seen her! You guys moved before you had any kids :) Your aprons are ADORABLE!!!

Savanna and Billy said...

Jamie!!! How are you doing. Its been forever. I cant believe you have kids. I guess its been like 5 or 6 years since i have seen you. email me sometime. trebblemakers3@gmail.com

The Graf Family said...

Hey girly! You are a women of many talents! That is sooo cute-matching aprons. I am so glad you can make such fun memories for your kids.