Monday, November 16, 2009

Family With Benefits

I love having family with benefits. Not just the benefits of having them around to watch my kids or living close enough to "drop by" for a Sunday dinner...no, in Jon's family, these are serious benefits.
Jon's dad and sister work for United Airlines. Anyone who has ever worked for an airline knows what this means.
FLIGHT BENEFITS!!!
This year, everyone decided to take advantage of these benefits to take a trip to Hawaii. Jon and I had not been back since our honeymoon and this time we were bringing along 2 1/2 extra carry-ons (Chloe/Beckham/Baby Girl)...
We flew to San Francisco and then put our names on the list of standby passengers and crossed our fingers. Amazingly, ALL 13 of us all got on the first flight!
We flew to Kona, HI and the kids were so great on the flight. I'm sure the $100 I spent on crafts, food, entertainment, distractions, etc. at Target before we left didn't hurt either.
We spent the week swimming, boogie boarding, snorkeling, sight seeing, eating, sleeping and all of the vacation stuff you could think of...
Until next year (right???!!!)










Some rainforest

Pure JOY



Hmmm...not sure why I am posting this picture except for the fact that I was so proud of myself for snorkeling for the first time in my life...


Chloe is bored and Beckham is worried that the little black crabs were going to get him

1 comment:

tbyrd said...

We had an amazing time, hope you've cleared your calander for next year.