Monday, November 16, 2009

We Left Our Hearts

I L.O.V.E. San Francisco.
Another benefit we have reaped a few times since Jon's sister lives there.
We flew back in time to see Jon's nephews play in a soccer game. It was so cute! It made me excited for the day when Chloe and Beckham will be old enough to start playing sports. In my totally unbiased opinion, Noah and Zion were the MVPs. Oh, and let's not forget their dad's amazing coaching skills...





Beckham on the sidelines...asking the coach to put him in...

I found out a secret while in San Francisco. Did you know that there is a lottery before EVERY theater performance of Wicked??? Ummm...ya. There is. You put your name in 2 1/2 hours before the performance and if your name is called, you get front row seats.
I never win anything. This time was no exception.
Auntie Tee's name was called and she gave the tickets to Chloe! Oh my goodness. I don't know if I can even express how much fun I had (oh, and Chloe too!)...
We sat right up front and Chloe, although technically not old enough to be there, sat through the ENTIRE show without making a sound...except for singing along to all of our favorite Wicked songs. I don't know if it was the pregnancy hormones or what, but I spent almost the entire 2 hours in tears because of how much I love Wicked and how much I loved being there with Chloe. Lame? I don't care. It was awesome.
During the curtain call at the end, we stood up and cheered along with everyone else in the audience and the actress playing Glinda came to the edge of the stage and peeked around to find Chloe and waved just to her. Yes, I cried some more.
If you ask Chloe about our whole trip (Hawaii, the ocean, sea turtles, sand castles, soccer game), she will tell you that seeing Wicked was her favorite part.
Mine too.





We were able to celebrate Noah and Zion's 6th birthday AND Uncle Bobby's 23 birthday while we were there too! We made a cake and spent the night watching the kids dance to Michael Jackson's greatest hits. (Beckham does a mean "robot" dance...seriously. Ask him to do it the next time that you see him!)...





1 comment:

tbyrd said...

This might be our last year in the Bay Area, so you guy better take advantages of us being here some more...loved having you all here. I too shed some tears at Wicked but I don't have pregnancy horomones to blame.