Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Las Vegas Ragnar

Jon hates running. When he has had to run in the past, he complains...ALOT. 2 weeks before the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay race, someone on our team dropped out. My sister, Amber, was team captain and as such was in charge of finding a replacement. With 2 weeks notice, she was having a hard time finding someone who was ready to run 12 miles.
That's when Jon comes in. He is very athletic. Good at everything he tries. He must have been feeling over confident the day that I told him we were looking for a replacement runner because without any hesitation he told me he wanted to do it.
I laughed...for a while. I think it hurt his feelings. I called my sister to let her know. She laughed. She then called to her husband and told him and he laughed. It was funny. Everyone thought he was joking. He wasn't.
For the next 2 weeks, Jon trained and trained and trained. He was more diligent than I was.
Race day came and he had all 3 of his inhalers in hand (he kind of has a chronic asthma problem).
The race was so much fun! Jon's sister, Tina, and brother-in-law, Demetras were also on the team. For 2 days we ran and ate and kind of slept. I would have to say that my favorite part of the whole race was laying out a blanket in the parking lot and snuggling up with Jon to try and sleep...so romantic.
Jon did so well. I think everyone was really impressed. And now...well, he is addicted. As soon as the race was over he started researching other races. He's a life timer.












1 comment:

The Graf Family said...

It looks like Jon is much better at running than I am. His face isn't even red. Great job Jon!Better you than me, I couldn't do 12 miles in only training for 2 weeks. Jamie that awesome that you ran 6 months pregnant. You go girl. The pictures of Disneyland and Hawaii look so fun. Way cool trips. That sounds like a best month to me too.